.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Saturday, January 02, 2016

 

While you look at the handle of that boning knife, I need to tell you something.
I grew up in a slaughterhouse, our family owned business, so I learned how to use knives cleavers, meat saws, etc. from an early age. I could cut pork chops with a cleaver at age 10; dress and quarter a steer by age 12; and work the boning table by the time I was 14. One of the last things to master is boning hams, which is part skill and part art form. It can also be one of the most dangerous since part of the process requires the meat cutter to pull the point of the knife blade toward his belly now and again. Many a ham boner has been injured when the knife slipped, and he ends up removing his own appendix.
The above is a roundabout way of telling you I’m well trained in the safe use of shape things.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?