.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Friday, February 13, 2015

 

341 objects

pair SOUTHWESTERN belt bucks w/ DERRINGER cutouts- $34


Made to look like southwestern silver and turquoise, each buckle is 4 ¾” by 3 ½”, and there’s a cutout meant to hold a derringer. Since I’ve not been able to find a maker’s name on them, I’ve been calling them “Brokeback Paranoids.” 


Since I sorta mentioned the movie, Brokeback Mountain, I must tell you something – something that will make you realize how little attention I pay to movie reviews.
I was eager to go see it since it was such a groundbreaking theme. Plus, I always enjoyed movies with Heath Ledger . . . what a shame.
We had our popcorn and sodas – the house lights dimmed, and after about a million previews, the movie finally started. I couldn’t help it – I laughed. My wife poked me, “Would you be quiet. What’s wrong with you?” (I whispered, “I’ll tell you later.)
As we were leaving I told her I was laughing at myself because I was expecting a movie set in the “Old West.” I had no idea the story was about two contemporary ranch hands. I loved the movie, but I was expecting a story set in a considerably less enlightened age.



Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?