.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Thursday, November 20, 2014

 














341 object

vintage ANTON HLAVACEK piano accordion prague 80 bass- $169

The day I brought this accordion home, I couldn’t wait to show off my discovery to my dear spouse, She-Who-Must-Be-Obeyed. It was one of those days I’ll not soon forget. I carried it in, took it out of what remains of the case, and held it to my chest as if to play her a tune as she sat in her easy chair, her cat asleep in her lap.
She loves butterflies, so with one hand I was about to point out the butterflies when I found out about those two little leather straps that hold the bellows closed. They weren’t fastened. I didn’t drop it, but it was close. I held on tight with my other hand. Nonetheless, while wrestling to regain control, it let out a racket words cannot describe. The rest of the day and well into the night, we searched for the cat. 

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?