.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Friday, May 30, 2014

 
 341 object
OLD FOLK STRING BALL 5LB OF TWINE- $ 43Those who lived through the Great Depression were probably the greatest generation of “savers” in history. Years ago, when I’d buy the contents of a home lived in for years by these folks, I’d find boxes, bags and bundles of everything from neatly ironed chewing gum and soap wrappers to jars of bottle caps and drawers filled with rubber bands and pencils worn down to an inch long.But most exciting of all were those rare times I’d find a hoard of string, not just throw in a drawer, but methodically wound into a ball that grew and grew as the decades passed. I thought I’d found my last until last week. It was in an old home near downtown Cincinnati. 









Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?