.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Saturday, August 18, 2012

 
In case you’re thinking of sending this piece to a restorer, you may want to rethink that. A couple years ago I shipped this one off to mine; a real miracle worker, a master of her trade. She received it and called me right away. That’s the day I learned how disconcerting it can be to hear such a refineded, well educated and gentle lady cuss like a sailor. Her last words to me were: “I can either throw it in the trash right now or set it out back and throw a rag over it. You can pick it up next time you’re in the neighborhood.” Then, and I’ve never quite figured out how she did it, I’d swear I heard a telephone receiver being slammed in my ear, but she uses only a cell phone. How’d she do that?!

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?