.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Friday, June 29, 2012

 
RANDOM 341 OBJECT

ANTIQUE OAK BALLOT BOX w/ handmade marbles, B&O railroad firemen UNION used-$57

 Since I bought this authentic old ballot box from a friend, I know a little about its history. That’s because my friend bought it from the estate of a friend of his, and the guy had used it in the early days of his career as both an engineer on the B & O Railroad and an active member of the old “Brotherhood of Locomotive Firemen and Enginemen.” The “B of LF&E” began in 1873, and it merged into the UTU in 1969. 

I’ve never seen and nicer example, and by some miracle, the original handmade marbles remain with the box.


Comments:
Good evening from Germany,
sorry for my bad English. –
I am 73 years old, have studied mathematics, physics and musicology.
Until 3 years ago I worked as a mathematician at the Hessian Ministry of Education in Wiesbaden (Germany).
Now I am writing a scientific (primarily historical and mathematical) book with the short preliminary title "The secret ballot box with marbles, worldwide yesterday and today".
In my research I found your ballot box in http://pansypoos-personal-rant-page.blogspot.de/2012_06_24_archive.html .
Please do you allow to quote parts of the text and the picture (if you wish monochrome)? Of course I call the source if you wish.
Many thanks in advance for your answer.
Kind regards
Ingeborg Strauss
 
Good morning,
may I remind you of my request?
Kind regards
Ingeborg Strauss
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?