.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Saturday, March 24, 2012

 
Since She-Who-Must-Be-Obeyed had some sort of lunch to attend, I waited until she pulled out of the drive and went in the bedroom and put on a pair of my new girdles “S p a n x.” I still couldn’t tuck in my favorite flannel shirt, so I put the second pair on, right over the other pair; jumped in the truck and took off for Pink’s.
The drive went okay – no problems – but when I got there and stepped down out of the truck I noticed my feet were numb. I tried stomping the blacktop, which seemed to help, but then I looked up at the sky to see if it looked like rain or not. That’s when I got all swimmy-headed, my knees buckled, and the next thing I knew some kid was slapping my cheek asking, “Are you with us, Old Man?”
I didn’t go in. She can just wait a little longer to boost my ego. However, I did pull over at the first exit on the way home and took those things off. Whew! I thought I was a goner.


Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?