.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Saturday, February 04, 2012

 
RANDOM 341 OBJECT

ANTIQUE Miniature WATERBURY SHELF CLOCK, Wood & Brass + A THING I NO LONGER NEED-$66


Some thought I’d died since I let my eBay listings dwindled down to only three or four. Others assumed my brain had finally given up its last bit of functionality. But the truth is my little brother in Houston, Texas is sick, and I decided to go pay him a visit. I’ve wanted to do that for quite a spell but, like any antiquer worth his or her salt, I needed another reason to make such a long trip – something having to do with antiques.
So when I heard that a well known writer and collector of Art Nouveau decorative arts was contemplating the sale of her vast collection, and she was only a few hundred miles off the direct route from Ohio to Houston, I had my excuse. The only problem was the Art Nouveau was in New Orleans, which meant driving the length of the very heart of Missa-freekin-sippi, a drive I’d not wish upon my worst enemy. 


Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?