.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Saturday, September 24, 2011

 


RANDOM 341 OBJECT

Big ANTIQUE FOLK ART Wood Carving, ANGEL Madonna HAND PAINTED, GOLD GILT & Gesso-$292

I came home with cobwebs hanging from my hair and so dirty I looked more like a coal miner than a seeker of antique treasures. I’d known I was in for a miserable day the moment the old lady told me her attic was probably full of old things, but that she hadn’t been up there in years.
She stayed in her parlor in front of a rotating fan and gave me directions to the attic access door located in the upstairs hallway. It was 96 degrees outside and probably over 100 degrees on her second floor. I found the pull-rope and opened the trapdoor to the attic, then pulled down and unfolded the stairway/ladder. A half bushel of dust and a box of old shoes fell on me immediately.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?