.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Friday, September 16, 2011

 

RANDOM 341 OBJECT

8 ESTATE Antique Indian SWEETGRASS BASKETS – MAINE & NE-$100

The most unusual part about my discovery of this little collection of baskets is not what they are - but where I made the discovery. I discovered them in my own attic, where they’d been for many years.
However, I remember the circumstances under which I came upon them as clearly as if it were just yesterday. It was 2000 miles west of where the baskets were made, which is likely the state of Maine, in the tiny town of Lodge Grass, Montana where I was visiting a friend and trading beads with the Crow people on the reservation where he lived. It is about 50 miles north of Little Bighorn.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?