.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Saturday, September 18, 2010

 

I can see ? ? ? ? WARE and POTTERY, but that’s about it. I’ll bet it’s by someone famous and very expensive . . . or not. To quote poor ole Dan: “What a waste it is to lose one's mind, or not to have a mind is being very wasteful, how true that is.” I didn’t think we could find another, but we did. So here we are today – trying to clean up someone else’s mess. The sad part is – it may take decades. Oh well – at least the rich folks are tickled.

Q: Always a pleasure seeing what your selling, and even getting a bid in once in awhile. I believe that the mark on the bottom of the biscuit jar might be Hampshire Pottery. I found the mark in the Kovels New Dictionary of Marks on page 49 at the top of the page. Says its from Keene, NH USA, Majolica (1871-1923). Thanks for many years of enjoyment!! Gayle Aug-31-10
A: Thanks! You're right. I found it as well after you told me what to look for. --------- Hampshire Pottery Co. J. S.Taft & Co., Keene, N. H. Established 1871 ---------- Thanks again, Dennis

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?