.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Friday, June 25, 2010

 


The work is signed and date, lower right: “W. G. Reindel, 1910.” NOTE: That might be 1919 rather than 1910. I wasn’t going to remove it from its frame just to fine out something that doesn’t mean a hill of beans anyway. He painted it when he was either 39 or 48 years old.

Did I mention he was from Cleveland? Well I think he was, and he was a member of the Cleveland Society of Artists, the Chicago Society of Illustrators and the Chicago Society of Etchers. Most of his etchings and engravings were done in the 1920s and 1930s. I think he simply got tired of cleaning brushes, so he switched from oil painting to drypoint. (I made that last part up, but it makes sense to my tiny little reptilian brain.)

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?