.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Sunday, December 30, 2007

 


RANDOM ROAD TRIP POST

one day after benedicte was done at the museum, we visited a very old woman who was very elderly and had been recognized by the government(can't think of what ya call it) for tatting, or was it lace making, but that's tatting. anyways. smithsonian type stuff. named majeska. could speak danish, so she and benedicte could talk in danish. a lot of the older people in those towns spoke danish. after a while majeska'a daughter/son or grandkid stopped by with their adopted chinese daughter named RUBY. she was very pretty, and i think she was 1/2 caucasian.

and when we left, this is one of my favorite sunsets. and i photoshoped it, but the images are trapped on ZIP DRIVES.

Comments:
Beautiful Sunset! I was sent to your blog by the reference to tatting. I wonder who the lady is. I am a tatter also.
:-) Gina
 
my dad's cousin's wife tats. i am more of a knitter. gave up embroidery. 7 year stick put me off that.
did have a great great aunt i think tatted. my great aunt has a bunch,
i would have to ask benedicte if she knows majeska's full name. but she lived around elkhorn or kimballton, Ia.
oh, and welcome.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?