.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Friday, May 25, 2007

 

friday art blogging-injun



i think this was my 2nd native american 'portrait'. her picture is on an old book my grandmother had on chippewas. my uncle gave it to her. in the book, which i still have somewhere, it doesn't give her name, but i use annishinabe, which if i remember right means human or people or something like that my other choice of titles was assinboin. an alternative name for the tribe. maybe if i get that dna test, we can find out what tribe we are. not the best pic, but she's in denmark right now. gotta get her back. her and pissed cosmo 2. the horse can stay. i tried to paint my roadkill large in oils.it didn't have the same 'special'ness. maybe if i was more free? although i did like how that horse came out. hmm, i suppose i will have to find a pic of that horse. put it next to my favorite horse. i've done 3. she is the only one with a vertical background split. maybe if i do another woman, i will stick to that.

i think i may look and see if i have a better pic.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?