.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Thursday, March 15, 2007

 
RANDOM ESTATE SALE POST

ok, not great ones. did 2. one out of my usual range, but.....far northeast side. rich area old burbs. owners were actually there. ooh, that has to be odd.2 krauts. lots of crap and many many german music albums in basement. i got a smorgasborg of crap. mostly for ebay. only keeping a carved wood mini fawn and a smaller pink porcelain pig. OH! and the ladybug fridge magnet. wood, exactly like the kind my grandma f had and now i have 6 on the fridge. oh, and more pins for my iWaq voodoo monkey. although i hope i do NOT need them. i may need to pot an updated pic of him.

2nd was either wawatosa or close. right off wisconsin and 68th. i have driven by that house many many times. big classical looking. with big white columns, which apparently are tin. of course i rapped them. inside was pretty sad. untouched since the 60's i bet. inside wasn't very interesting either, although the front hall light fixture was nice. bad kitchen re-do. 60's? late 60's. shag rug. horrid color. dingy walls and 2 yes TWO grand pianos in the livingroom. upright piano in the diningroom. for a grand total of 3 pianos. pronounce pie-a-nose.it was a 1st day, so, well, i didn't see anything anyways. had lots of books. not ones i liked. i spent $1 on an old dart board. maybe some ebay $$$ in it.

tomorrow i think it's another installment of EB.

and according to sitemeter, this blog sucks more than ever. under 10 last week? is it what i said about the doodie bros.???
probably the eagles.

Comments:
I assume the presence of the owners is rare. I said to the woman who disposed of my father's property, "I don't think I would want to be here for the sale, and I bet you don't want me here."
Without hesitation, she said, "You're right."
Imagine the aggravation of running a sale while the owners are getting in the way, complaining about the prices, and trying to extract things from the process.
In my case, I signed a contract which essentially said: This is no longer my stuff. It's yours to sell. I get the proceeds minus your percentage (with a guaranteed minimum).
 
is that how they work? yes, the old kraut a bit jumpy about HIS stuff.and his wife.i mainly took crap. and the prices on the copper stuff was pretty high. i am thinking of pricing my own stuff, or ebaying it when i hit 60. NOOOoooooo, stuff mine! maybe my cousin's and uncle's spawn will like my stuff.
i AM weeding out my hoard. estate sales and grandma taught me just recycle all the old mags. except i still have the old SPYs and washington monthly. i do have standards.
gonna sell excess CDs tho.
pansypoo
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?